[Kolab-devel] Whats bad with Webmin?

konold at erfrakon.de konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Mar 3 19:41:35 CET 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

Hi Bernhard,

> On Saturday 28 February 2004 11:21, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Am Tuesday 24 February 2004 17:15 schrieb Stephan Buys:
>
> > Last but not least we have to get rid of http basic authentication which
> > simply does not work as advertized with moderm browsers when trying to
> > change identities.
>
> It is possible to use basic authentication sanely.
> I think the details are in the old issue tracker.

No, unfortunately it does not work as advertized ;-(

I put in a lot of effort and I could verify that modern browsers (e.g.
Mozilla) do honour the realm but instead of failing/showing the
login/password dialog when seeing a new realm they retry all previously
known to be working credentials as soon as another previously visited URL
is seen.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569  Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de