[Kolab-devel] New List Proposal: "bugs"

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jun 15 18:36:55 CEST 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 16:24, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Montag, 14. Juni 2004 16:03 schrieb Stephan Buys:

> > I second this, I have actually stopped using the development list as it
> > is totally clutterred with the Issue-Tracker's e-mails and it is hard to
> > track pure development related discussions.

> I used sofar my local email filter to keep the issue tracker submissions
> and the rest seperate.

Yes, filtering on X-Roundup-Name: Kolab issue tracker
should be fairly easy.

> > > What I propose is that a new Kolab mailing list is started, called
> > > "kolab-bugs" or something similar, to which all issue-related mail that
>
> I propose "kolab-bugs-dist" in order to stay "compatible" to the well known
> KDE list naming convention.

If we create on, kolab-bugs-dist seems fine for a name.
Does anybody else have an opinion on this?

> Bernhard: Can you please create this new list and subscribe the issue
> tracker accordingly?

Usually I hope that we can limit the number of mailinglist, but
if several people want it we can have another lists, too. :)

> > > Furthermore I propose that, if possible, the "Reply-to" header of the
> > > issue mails sent to the bugs list be set to the development list
> > > address, as it is somewhat logical that discussion surrounding an issue
> > > relates to development of the server/clients.
> > >
> > > What does everyone think about this idea?
>
> I would prefer if the is limited to the publishing of the bugs and that
> discussion is either done via the mail or html interface of the bugtracker
> if it is directly related to the bug or on the kolab-devel ml if it is more
> general.

I agree with Martin here.
Note that  replying to a roundup mail will in general add your comment
in the bugtracker, thus this should be the default reply.