[Kolab-devel] New List Proposal: "bugs"

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Jun 14 16:24:16 CEST 2004

Am Montag, 14. Juni 2004 16:03 schrieb Stephan Buys:

Hi Stephan,
Hi Stuart,
Hi Bernhard,

> I second this, I have actually stopped using the development list as it is
> totally clutterred with the Issue-Tracker's e-mails and it is hard to track
> pure development related discussions.

I used sofar my local email filter to keep the issue tracker submissions and
the rest seperate.

> > With the extensive use of the issue tracker as of late, this development
> > list has been flooded with bug status messages that serve a purpose to
> > only a few people who actually read the dev list - the rest of the dev
> > readers currently have to sift through these issue reports in order to
> > pick up actual development-related discussion. Obviously there is the
> > increased possibility with this current setup of people missing
> > potentially important development discussion.

I agree.

> > What I propose is that a new Kolab mailing list is started, called
> > "kolab-bugs" or something similar, to which all issue-related mail that

I propose "kolab-bugs-dist" in order to stay "compatible" to the well known
KDE list naming convention.

Bernhard: Can you please create this new list and subscribe the issue tracker
accordingly?

> > Furthermore I propose that, if possible, the "Reply-to" header of the
> > issue mails sent to the bugs list be set to the development list address,
> > as it is somewhat logical that discussion surrounding an issue relates to
> > development of the server/clients.
> >
> > What does everyone think about this idea?

I would prefer if the is limited to the publishing of the bugs and that
discussion is either done via the mail or html interface of the bugtracker if
it is directly related to the bug or on the kolab-devel ml if it is more
general.

This allows to keep all bug/issue related information in a single place (issue
tracker)

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de