[Kolab-devel] rpmtool not working with filenames with spaces

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Thu Jun 10 02:26:30 CEST 2004

Hi.

I'm not sure where to report this, but rpmtool (or rpm) is causing me
trouble because I have a tarball with a file that has a space in it's
name.

The offending code is this line in my .spec file:

	%{l_rpmtool} files -v -ofiles -r$RPM_BUILD_ROOT %{l_files_std}

This dies with this error:

"
rpmtool:files: pass 3 (duplication removal and cleanup)
+ exit 0
Processing files: kolab-resource-handlers-0.1.0-20040609
error: File must begin with "/": links.wiki.txt
"

The offending file is called "free links.wiki.txt". Is there anything I
can do about it? Upgrade am openpkg package, add some magic to my .spec
file or something?

thanks
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se