[Kolab-devel] [issue178] mail delay, because postfix <-> amavids communication problem

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Jun 9 12:56:07 CEST 2004

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Server as of 20040527:

Sometimes emails gets delayed because the communication back to postfix after
virusscanning terminated to fast.

The postfix log will show lines like:

<info> postfix/smtp[30878]: CEADE47C087: to=<sectionhead15 at test.net>,
relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1], delay=0, status=deferred (lost connection with 127.0.0.1
[127.0.0.1] while sending end of data -- message may be sent more than once)

Mail will be delivered many hours later.
The mails this happens on are not special.
I've used the small script to generate many a few hundereds and it usually
happens at least one then.

(I'll set it to urgent, because it will throw testers off.)

assignedto: steffen
messages: 576
nosy: bernhard, bh, bo, steffen
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: mail delay, because postfix <-> amavids communication problem
topic: proko2, server