[Kolab-devel] yet another way to build kolab

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 1 23:15:41 CEST 2004

Op dinsdag 1 juni 2004 10:39, schreef Bo Thorsen:
> > Op maandag 31 mei 2004 11:41, schreef Steffen Hansen:
> > > Once OpenPKG-2.1 is released (any prognosis?), we will base our setup
> > > on that and wont need to keep all those packages around.
> >
> > Speaking about releases; what is the freeze date for kolab?  From the
> > emails I deducted (some time ago)  that this could be somewhere mid
> > june, is that correct?
>
> No, there is no freeze date for kolab yet. I briefly discussed it with
> Stephan from Code Fusion, and we agreed to try and release Kolab 2.0
> around November. But that can very well change.

Does it mean that for example big changes may happen now, like the cvs
reshuffling?  If so I can continue with this email :)

As stated in the subject I have an alternative Makefile for some kolab cvs
modules.  My favorite one at the moment is the one for kolab-webadmin.  The
latter because there are no real differences, if I compare the files provided
via the rpms from http://ftp.kolab.org/kolab/server/development/ and my
makefile (the differences seems to be updates in cvs compared to the rpms).

The tarball that is the result of the above mentioned Makefile is located at:
http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/kolab/ (kolab-webadmin-1.90-20040601.tar.gz).
The tarball can be configured with ./configure (use --help) for the possible
reconfigurations.  The usual commands like make, make DESTDIR=.... install
and make distcheck work.

Would it be possible to integrate the required files configure.ac and
Makefile.am into the kolab-webadmin module?  I assume that the openpkg tools
can work with them without problem (as other project use the autotools build
method too) and enabling this build method gives others the possibility to
easily relocate kolab executables and files.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless