[Kolab-devel] [issue223] seperate users, groups and resources

Martin Konold kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Jul 6 04:06:05 CEST 2004

New submission from Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de>:

While technically users, group account and resources are similar (All three are
implemented as Kolab accounts and share most of their attributs) I propose to
seperate these three cases in the webgui and the ldap tree.

Basically this means removing the "Account type" selection box and instead
replicating the webgui stuff to the new categories Groups and Resources.

In addition I propose to move groups and resources to seperate nodes within the
LDAP tree.

The later allows for "AD compatibiliy" and better searchability via LDAP while
allowing reasonable use of LDAP auxilliary objectclasses.

messages: 770
nosy: martin, steffen
priority: feature
status: unread
title: seperate users, groups and resources
topic: server, web admin