[Kolab-devel] Beta-Strategy for Server?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Dec 13 12:14:17 CET 2004

Am Montag, 13. Dezember 2004 12:07 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> It should be okay to set up a webserver with symlinks enabled in one
> directory. We should make this easier in publishing short instructions for
> what it needs to become a mirror.

This is imho an extra and unnecessary burden for mirrors. Symlinks are
generally considered bad for the webserver security.

My main point is that for _releases_ including beta releases the symlink
approach does not make much sense anyway.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n