[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2 build gets "Could not bind to LDAP server:Invalid credentials" on admin screen

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Aug 25 23:52:56 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 25. August 2004 23:13 schrieb Peter Berry:

Hi Peter,

> > Which version?
>
> the obmtool version is 1.38? I pulled everything down last night.

I was asking about which version of the Kolab 2 snapshots (name of
directories)

> >> I then executed /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap and answered all the
> >> questions appropriately.
> >
> > Again any errors?
>
> None

Hmm....

> > What is your OS?
>
> Debian 3

Can you please compare the result with our precompile Debian packages?

> > What is the output of 'hostname -f' ?
>
> "server30090.uk2com.net"
>
> Although I am setting kolab up to use "kolab.business-critical.co.uk" as
> the hostname (which is how I set kolab 1)
>
> both resolve and I have added the second to the hosts file.
> I am wondering whether this is the issue?

It is indeed possible.

I would love to see the the output of
hostname and domainname please.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de