[Kolab-devel] Problems with 20040804

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Aug 12 19:48:14 CEST 2004

On Thursday 12 August 2004 18:58, Matt Douhan wrote:

> also since this is a testing server, and when I want to upgrade I have 2
> questions
>
> 1. How can I blow all the config away and reinstall?

Remove /kolab
(or move it away).
Then a fresh ./obmtool kolab
in the a directory with the compiled packages will do a fresh install.
Note that after you have done a compilation once, you will find
the compiled packages in /kolab/RPM/PKG

> 2. How can I upgrade and keep the existing configuration.
This depends on what needs upgrading.
Sometime you can just put a patch in, sometimes
you can use /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm
to just upgrade a couple of rpms
and sometimes you need to dump the ldaptree and save
all data.

Because we are developing, we do not guarantee
that it can be upgraded and it might also get the case
that you would need to adapt the dumped ldiff before you can import
it again into a completely fresh /kolab/