[Kolab-devel] Running freshclam by cron?

konold at erfrakon.de konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Aug 9 14:07:03 CEST 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> On Thursday 29 July 2004 19:10, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
>
> > freshclam is run as kolab-r
>
> Does that mean we run freshclam by cron by default now?
> I wonder if we should make this configurable as some people
> do not like automatic online updates by default.

In the case of antivirus patterns imho this simply makes no sense. AV is
only useful with the most recent patterns.

This is not the same as with updates of software binaries!

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569  Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de