[Kolab-devel] [issue81] kolab allows two users with the same Primary Email Address

Buchan Milne bgmilne at obsidian.co.za
Thu Apr 22 14:23:26 CEST 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Bernhard Herzog wrote:

> New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:
>
> Yesterday, when creating some test users, I accidentally created two users with
> teh same Primary Email Address but differen last names.  Kolab shold not allow this.

Note of course that this could be solved by using the mail attribute as
the RDN (or naming attribute).

This would also solve namesspace collision issues (using cn as the
naming attribute is not the best solution, as it is feasible to have two
users withidentical cn's).

For compatability with other naming schemes (and allowing regex-based ACLs
such as the last example in
http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/openldap/slapd.access.conf?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup)
it might be an idea to use uid (which should also be guaranteed to be
unique, but does not necessarily solve the uniqueness problem of the email
address unless uid at domain is used and only the uid is editable via the
interface).

Regards,
Buchan