[Kolab-devel] RE: Folders, Groups and WebGUI

Tassilo Erlewein tassilo.erlewein at erfrakon.de
Tue May 27 17:42:11 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 14:14, Dohmen, Manfred wrote:

> But the point I haven't catched up on until now is about how can (or does?)
> KMail recognize (public) folders containing calendar and contact items?

AFAIK kmail right now can not access shared folders at all
It's on the wish list though

> Will it use some tagging like Bynari does? If only the client is configured
> to display a folder's content e.g. as contacts every single user has to
> configure the client. How will this be handled?

I remember discussing that point with martin. We basically came
to the conclusion that kmail needs to maintain extended attributes
of folders.

A first shot could be that the user/wizard/whoever enters some
config in a attribute dialog for the respective folder

> Perhaps one could store
> such information on the server and retrieve them via http/webdav? Or LDAP
> and the maintainer/admin has to specify the folder-type? Enlighten me
> please :)

There is a rfc/draft/don't remember about learning the uri of a user's
freebusy information from his/her ldap entry.

I'm not aware of any further standardization towards the point
you mention. Everthing seems thinkable here (?).

TE

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tassilo Erlewein

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstraße 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400961
fax: 0711 67400959
email: tassilo.erlewein at erfrakon.de