[Kolab-announce] Mailing List Migration on Monday, July 8th

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Jul 1 11:13:26 CEST 2013

Dear Kolab mailing list users,

On Monday, July 8th 2013, we will be migrating the Kolab mailing lists from
their current host on to a new system.

As part of this migration the lists will be renamed, to better suit the new
infrastructure, and for other purposes.

We will be migrating the mailman configuration, the archives, and the user
subscription databases.

It is therefore important you consider updating your filters for these lists,
should you have any, and you may want to consider updating your address books
as well.

The lists will be renamed as follows:

  - kolab-announce at kolab.org will become announce at lists.kolab.org

  - kolab-commits at kolab.org will become commits at lists.kolab.org

  - kolab-devel at kolab.org will become devel at lists.kolab.org

  - kolab-users at kolab.org will become users at lists.kolab.org

  - kolab-users-de at kolab.org will become users-de at lists.kolab.org

The old mailing list addresses you are used to sending messages to will remain
valid for quite some time after the migration.

Your filter, however, should you have any, require updating.

A very common way to filter list traffic is to use the 'List-Id' header. For
the kolab-devel at kolab.org mailing list for example, this header currently
states:

Your Sieve filter may look like:

> if header :contains "List-Id" "kolab-devel.kolab.org" {
>     fileinto "Lists/Kolab Development";
> }

After the migration, the List-Id header will state:

Your filter would therefore need to change to:

> if header :contains "List-Id" "devel.lists.kolab.org" {
>     fileinto "Lists/Kolab Development";
> }

I would advise you to add these to your filters at the earliest opportunity,
and remove the old ones whenever you feel like it.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG