Thoughts on kolab community hub / forum vs. mailing list

Mon Nov 19 08:40:27 CET 2018

Hello Jan, and all,

> for quite a while now there exist this double structure of mailing
> lists
> and forum for the kolab community. While I know forums feel much more
> modern than the old mailing lists ;-) and - well - they might have some
> advantages, personally I feel much more comfortable with mailing lists.
> Ok this is just personally taste.
I can cope with both. I have enabled notifications for the forum, so
that I get an email update for each post.
I am happy with mailinglists, but I guess for the next generation of IT
people, a forum is easier to use.

> For a while now there is more spam than serious posts on
> https://kolab.org/hub/. Additionally the layout seems to be broken -
> maybe because of some buggy css?
There was a user that got permissions to clear out the spam posts. I
cannot remember the user's name.

The broken layout of the hub really annoys me. That should have been
fixed a long time ago.
Ah, I posted a bug around last year, https://git.kolab.org/T2268, and it
seems the login functionality was fixed.
But the layout really puts off people from using the forum, and it does
not look alive and inviting.

Timotheus