Kolab 16 on Debain 8 error in creating mailboxes - Solved

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Sun Apr 1 19:46:57 CEST 2018

Il 01/04/2018 19:24, Gelpi Andrea ha scritto:
> Hi,
> 	I installed kolab 16 over a debiaa 8 winch is a VM under vmWare.
>
> My problem is that when I create a user mailbox with kolab-webadmin
> interfcace all the mailboxes are created under imap archive partition
> instead of the default one.
> In other words nothing exist under /var/spool/imap. The mailboxes are
> present in /archive a different partition, for archiving.
>
> If I comment out the archive line in /etc/imapd.conf and the
> corresponding autocreate folder in /etc/kolab/kolab.conf
>
> I can have the mailboxes in the correct position.
>
> But I cannot use the archive anymore.
>
> I have search logs without a solution.
> I have searched Google a lot but I haven't found nothing.
>
> Any idea?
> How can I diagnose the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance

I found out the solution.

>From man imapd.conf

      defaultpartition: <none>
            The partition name used by default for new mailboxes.  If
not specified, the partition with the most free space will be used for
new mailboxes.

            Note that the partition specified by this option must also
be specified as partition-name, where you substitute 'name' for the
alphanumeric string you set defaultpartition to.

In /etc/imapd.conf the line

defaultpartition: default

Was missing.

--