Roundcube mailfilters not able to connect to server

Lebmann, Paul paul at lebmann.net
Fri Aug 21 00:27:08 CEST 2015

Am 2015-08-20 09:55, schrieb Aleksander Machniak:
> On 08/20/2015 09:44 AM, Lebmann, Paul wrote:
>> It feels like there were misconfigurations in the TLS setup. But in my
>> opinion it should at least work on a fresh install with absolutely no
>> changes made (except enabling debugging).
>>
>> Please help me.
>
> I'm guessing that maybe you need to use managesieve_conn_options in
> /etc/roundcubemail/managesieve.inc.php in the same way as
> imap_conn_options is set in config.inc.php.
>
> btw, you can ignore these deprecation warnings and disable them by
> changing error_reporting in
> /usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/bootstrap.php.

Hi Aleksander!

Thanks a lot!!
That did it!!

Just for documentation purposes:
I added

$config['managesieve_conn_options']=array(
         'ssl'=>array(
         'verify_peer_name'=>false,
         'verify_peer'=>false,
         'allow_self_signed'=>true));

to /etc/roundcubemail/managesieve.inc.php and it worked.

I get it, that otherwise roundcube didn't trust the certs, but
nonetheless, shouldn't it be in managesieve.inc.php by default so that
the out of the box expierence is of kolab / roundcube is better. Because
as I said in my first mail, it didn't work on a fresh install, where
obviously just self signed certificates are available.

Shall I file an issue, or is it on purpose, that the conn_options are
not set for the managesieve connection?

btw: thanks also for the other hint. Removing E_DEPRECATED from the
error reporting is going to make my logs more readable.

So thanks again and this has been a great first mailinglist expierence!!