Updates for Kolab 3.3 on Ubuntu and Debian

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Mon Sep 15 00:33:19 CEST 2014

Hello everyone

Just to let you know: I've updated the Kolab 3.3 Packages for Ubuntu
14.04 (and Debian) users. After Ubuntu users had quite some trouble in
the beginning, you should now be able to create a new kolab system
fairly quickly without running into the often reported problems.

The most important packaging change (and that's why I address this to
the Debian users as well) in Ubuntu 14.04 was that the apache2 sites
configuration had to be renamed from "roundcubemail" to
"roundcubemail.conf" (#2878). To not break existing (Debian)
installations during an upgrade those configuration files will be
renamed apache2 sites disabled/enabled.

Additionally the setup-kolab mysql.initial bug (#2811) has been fixed
(at least in the package) and packaged.

My ubuntu 14.04 test installation and debian7 upgrade (no big
modifications) went without problems.

P.S. if apache2 isn't running after the upgrade ... that's a known bug
(#2050), just restart it or apply the workaround fix.

P.P.S. there's still one patch that we Debian/Ubuntu users are lacking
behind the CentOS users. CentOS RPMs have the Cross-Site-Request-Forgery
patch applied on the roundcubemail RPM. I could easily add this patch to
the existing debian/ubuntu packages but this could break existing 3.3
installations for those who have customized their configuration (due to
url changes). I'm tempted to ignore the CSRF Patch until the next
release and only push fixes. Any thoughts?

--
Regards
Daniel Hoffend