Updates for Kolab 3.3 on Ubuntu and Debian

Tobias Brunner tobias at tobru.ch
Mon Sep 15 08:48:02 CEST 2014

Hi Daniel,

> Just to let you know: I've updated the Kolab 3.3 Packages for Ubuntu
> 14.04 (and Debian) users. After Ubuntu users had quite some trouble in
> the beginning, you should now be able to create a new kolab system
> fairly quickly without running into the often reported problems.
>
> The most important packaging change (and that's why I address this to
> the Debian users as well) in Ubuntu 14.04 was that the apache2 sites
> configuration had to be renamed from "roundcubemail" to
> "roundcubemail.conf" (#2878). To not break existing (Debian)
> installations during an upgrade those configuration files will be
> renamed apache2 sites disabled/enabled.
>
> Additionally the setup-kolab mysql.initial bug (#2811) has been fixed
> (at least in the package) and packaged.
>
> My ubuntu 14.04 test installation and debian7 upgrade (no big
> modifications) went without problems.
>
> P.S. if apache2 isn't running after the upgrade ... that's a known bug
> (#2050), just restart it or apply the workaround fix.

Thanks a lot for working on the Debian/Ubuntu packages! I really
appreciate that...!

I've successully updated to the latest packages on my Debian system.
After the upgrade, Apache was not running as you already pointed out,
but this was the only problem I had. Renaming of the Apache
configuration files went smooth.

Cheers,
Tobias