Kolab 3.2 login issue

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Wed Jun 11 17:28:59 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 05:01:17PM +0200, Torsten Grote wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 June 2014 17:48:13 Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> > > Then it is about time to start familiarizing yourself with the OBS ;)
> > > Especially, since there is almost no people pushing fixes into the
> > > Updates repositories.
> >
> > Hmm.. why is that? lack of resources? It sounds a bit bad if kolab packages
> > aren't actively maintained..
>
> Please note that Free Software is in most cases not packaged by the people
> that develop it. Usually, people develop software which is then packaged by
> the various distributions. Kolab has been packaged by Debian for example, but
> is currently not included anymore for lack of packagers.

Yep, I'm aware.

> Kolab Systems (mostly in the form of Jeroen van Meeuwen) provides the OBS and
> the packages in there to support the community, but it does not backport fixes
> all the time to already released versions.

Ok.

> It is not like no one is pushing in fixes. It is just not enough people,
> because they are all volunteers with limited time available. There is Aeneas
> Jaißle who does a lot of OpenSUSE packaging, there's Paul Klos, Paul Boddie,
> Daniel Hoffend and Timotheus Pokorra for Debian. The latter also does some
> CentOS. This might already sound a lot, but it is not enough to keep everybody
> with their issues happy and definitely not enough to get Kolab directly into
> the various distributions.
>
> So please consider getting signed up on the devel list and getting involved in
> the OBS.

I'm actually already on the devel list. And I registered to the OBS today :)

I noticed multiple issues with kolab 3.2 (with the latest updates) when installed on CentOS 6.x,
so i'll file bugs about those.. or should I report them to devel list?

I also have workarounds for those..

-- Pasi