Kolab 3.3 Shared folders

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Wed Aug 27 19:40:31 CEST 2014

Hello,

  So I can't seem to get shared folders working in 3.3? In 3.1 I would
create a shared folder by selecting a name (which would in turn
automatically setup the email address as name at domain.com). And then
select the 'IMAP Target Folder' to be shared/name at domain.com. Then
manually using kolab cli set the permissions. This worked well. Now
nothing seems to work.

  I've removed all previous shared folders. I have a single user
account. I create a shared folder. Using the following

Name: Testing
Email: testing at domain.com
IMAP Target: sharaed/testing at domain.com

I've left the default ACLs as is. Kolab Webadmin says it is created
successfully. However kolab lm has no such shared anything anywhere, and
it isn't visible in roundcube.

If I try to email testing at domain.com I get a bounce, no such user shared
+shared/testing. The first one tried to deliver to shared
+shared/testing at mailhost.domain.com. So I modified the IMAP Target
folder to be testing at domain.com. Which then tried to deliver to shared
+testing at mailhost.domain.com. Again no such user 'shared+testing'.

And now I'm not sure what I changed but its trying to deliver to
testing at domain.domain.com ?? WTF?

Any upgrade steps I missed might cause this? Anything I'm doing wrong in
setting it up? The Administrator guide is eerily silent on setting up
shared folders, both for 3.1 and 3.3. The only way I got it working with
3.1 was by using the way back machine and finding a video where someone
demoed it a bit. How are shared folders supposed to be setup on 3.3??

--
Nathanael