kolab 3.2 and freeipa interaction

Carlos R Laguna carlosr at jovenclub.cu
Wed Apr 30 00:30:56 CEST 2014

El 25/04/14 18:36, Paul Boddie escribió:
> On Saturday 26. April 2014 00.07.56 Carlos R Laguna wrote:
>> Thank for the fast replay, about your work with setup-kolab it sound
>> really good, for best use of it should i install a new kolab instance
>> and run this merge of setup-kolab instead ?
>> I already manage to put the kolab schema in the free-ipa server so i
>> dont now how much more work has to be done since it also use 389 ds as
>> backend ldap. Thanks again four your time.
> If you've already set up the directory, there's little point in using my fork
> of setup-kolab to do it again. (The work I've been doing is really to make
> such things easy for people who aren't familiar with all the different
> components.)
>
> I think it should be possible for you to just set ldap_uri to the chosen
> directory server instead of the one Kolab thinks it will be using by default.
> Maybe there might be complications, but the use of LDAP in principle means
> that these things can be separated and don't have to reside on the same
> machine. The only complication I could think of was in the initialisation
> stage, but you seem to be past that point now.
>
> Paul

Sorry to bring this thread alive again Paul, but i really want to try
your kolab-setup fork unfortunately my rpm skill are not enough to
actually make use of it so can you give some instructions to how to use
it in fresh install would be great.Thanks for your time and patience on
this one regards.
 XII Edicion del Evento Nacional de Informatica para Jovenes. INFOCLUB.
 Septiembre. 2014. Ver www.jovenclub.cu

y se considera que está limpio.