LDAP - Converting Kolab 2.4 to 3.1

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Thu Nov 28 07:27:28 CET 2013

Hello Christian,
On 2013-11-27 06:01, Christian Tardif wrote:
> Hi Timotheus,
>
> I'm almost done with the conversion of my users/groups from 2.4. But
> there's one thing I just don't get. When I want to create one Kolab
> group ( (I,m finally using the php libraries that comes with Kolab 3.1
> to do that), the group gets created, but in the wrong domain. I
> checked to make sure I'm sending all objects the Kolab group needs
> (ou, uniqueMember, mail, objectClasses, cn) but it does not create the
> DN in the right domain. It keeps creating it in the default domain
> (using group_add function). What do I need to set before invoking
> group_add function to set the base_dn?  Or how do I invoke group_add ?
I am not using group_add myself, but just looking how I add users:
$person["ou"] = "ou=People,dc=".implode(",dc=", explode(".",
$domain_name));
So my ou contains the domain where I want to create the user account.

But now I look at the code, and there is a difference for group_add:
https://git.kolab.org/kolab-wap/tree/lib/Auth/LDAP.php#n649
and user_add:
https://git.kolab.org/kolab-wap/tree/lib/Auth/LDAP.php#n975

You need the lines
         if (!empty($attrs['ou'])) {
             $base_dn = $attrs['ou'];
         }
in group_add as well.

Please would you file a bug for this and even provide a patch in
https://issues.kolab.org?

Hope this helps,
   Timotheus