Kolab Installation on clean Debian Wheezy

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Jan 22 13:16:36 CET 2013

On 2013-01-19 23:11, Onno Hensgen wrote:
>> I found the resource was created it just didn't show up in the
>> web-ui. The
>> resource mailbox showed up for me by running.
>>
>> kolab list-mailboxes
>>
>> Also I think its possible to make a shared mailbox by using the kolab
>> command
>> line. First create a mailbox and the use the set acl command.
>>
>> I think the ACL modification will work from roundcubemail as well if
>> particular user wants to share a mailbox. Though there are more
>> permissions
>> available to set with the command line tool than the roundcube folder
>> settings.
>
> Yes, with the command line tools I could remove the resources again.
> I still don't really get how to work with resources yet...but that's
> ok as I don't need really need them, just being curious :)
>

> Now I created a folder for company wide addressbook and contacts with
> 'kolab cm ...'. I also managed to set the folder type with
> kolab set-mailbox-metadata 'CompanyXY/Contacts at example.com'
> /shared/vendor/kolab/folder-type contact (or event)
>
> Now I'm wondering if the often seen prefix 'shared/...' has any
> special purpose or effect? It looks ugly in roundcube if everything is
> prefixed with shared (especially if the ui is not english). I just
> went with another meaningful prefix.
>
> I also created mailboxes for company wide mail addresses with the
> command line. In previous versions of kolab I could deliver mail to
> these accounts with 'kolab+shared.... at example.com'. That seems not to
> work anymore. How can I deliver mail to the shared mailboxes? Any
> ideas? My workaround is to create whole user accounts for shared
> mailboxes, but that smells a bit messy...

Basically, your virtual_alias_maps need to resolve the recipient email
address (such as contact at example.org) to whatever is the value of the
"postuser: " setting in imapd.conf(5), followed by a "+", followed by
the absolute folder path (i.e. "shared/contact at example.org", or perhaps
in your case, "Example/Contact at example.org").

You then also need to make sure that "anyone" has the "p" right on said
folder (this is for "post", short for "post via LMTP", not the same as
"insert", and does not imply "l" nor "r").

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG