Kolab Installation on clean Debian Wheezy

Onno Hensgen onno.hensgen at aquaduna.com
Tue Jan 22 19:00:35 CET 2013

> Basically, your virtual_alias_maps need to resolve the recipient email
> address (such as contact at example.org) to whatever is the value of the
> "postuser: " setting in imapd.conf(5), followed by a "+", followed by
> the absolute folder path (i.e. "shared/contact at example.org", or perhaps
> in your case, "Example/Contact at example.org").
>
> You then also need to make sure that "anyone" has the "p" right on said
> folder (this is for "post", short for "post via LMTP", not the same as
> "insert", and does not imply "l" nor "r").

Thanks for the advice!

My imapd.conf has no postuser attribute after the installation. I added 'postuser: kolab'.
I modified my directory and postfix now accepts the mail for contact at example.org. But it still won't be delivered to the folder 'Example/Contact at example.org'.

I tried the following with kolabsharedfolders object class:
dn: cn=shared contact,dc=example,dc=org
changetype: add
objectClass: top
objectClass: kolabsharedfolder
objectClass: mailrecipient
mail: kolab+Example/Contact at example.org
alias: contact at example.com

Error is 'Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender' with 'unknown user: "Contact"'

I also tried the objectClasses

objectClass: top
objectClass: inetorgperson
objectClass: kolabinetorgperson
objectClass: mailrecipient
objectClass: organizationalperson
objectClass: person

but then, my mail address (kolab+Example/...) gets overridden by the recipient policy (with surname.givenname...) I guess. I could probably disable the policy, but I really don't want to do that.

The mailbox looks like:
Example/Contact at example.org
Rights are:
  lrsp          anyone