could not find envelope sender user

Levi Wheatcroft levi at wheatcrofts.com.au
Mon Aug 19 03:56:09 CEST 2013

Having some drama with alternate addresses, and getting the error "could
not find envelope sender user" when trying to send from an alternate
address.

There was a post about something similar an hour or so ago:
http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/users/2013-August/015340.html

but that doesn't seem like the same issue, as I have no
"receive_override_options" line in my /etc/postfix/main.cf

A few other posts in the archive mentioning this issue say that you need to
add these addresses as alternate or external addresses in kolab web abmin,
but I have done that and it doesn't seem to work.

This post:
http://list-archives.org/2012/10/16/kolab-users-kolab-org/kolab3-multi-domain/f/5238213519

says something about /etc/postfix/ldap/mydestination.cf but I don't really
understand what the proposed solution was - I think just adding the
external address.

So I don't know how to investigate this problem further, any help would be
much appreciated.