Integrate Kolab 3.0 in an existing IMAP-Server

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 27 11:46:22 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 05:54:02 PM Simon Lichtinghagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going to install a Kolab 3.0 beside an existing IMAP-Server. The
> user-management exists in a mysql-database. I will synchronize the ldap
> with the mysql-database with an script.

It's not currently featured, but we should be able to use MySQL as the
authn/authz database in the future.

Would you care to share the schema for this database?

> Is it possible to use the external IMAP-Server as the default server?

Yes, it is.

> I can edit the user-specific mail-server in the ldap-directory, but when I
> test it, it would login at the local server.

A standard setup references the local IMAP server indeed. The places where you
need to edit this include /etc/kolab/kolab.conf and of course
/etc/roundcubemail/*.inc.php.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--