Does Kolab meet my (non-exclusive) requirements?

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Thu Mar 8 10:46:48 CET 2012

Am Dienstag, 6. März 2012, 12:31:39 schrieb der.keim at gmx.de:
> Am I able to realize the following requirements with Kolab:
>
> - Synchronize contacts (with photo!) between server and mobile phone

Yes, with any ActiveSync capable device.

> - Synchronize contacts (with photo!) via USB between PC and mobile phone

No, we don't offer synchronization over USB.

> - Synchronize contacts (with photo!) between locally installed client SW
> and server

Yes, our Kontact client does this quite well

> - Manage contacts online via web browser

yes, you can do this in our new webclient.

> Experienced problems:
> * kolab-outlook connector synchronizes contacts by imap folders, horde
> webmailer does not display contacts folder as contacts

Which one did you try? There are three: Bynari, Konsec and Toltec.

> * Thunderbird
> connector creates different format than outlook connector

SyncKolab should work fine, I guess this is a problem with the Outlook
connector, too.

Kind regards,
Christoph

--