Does Kolab meet my (non-exclusive) requirements?

der.keim at gmx.de der.keim at gmx.de
Tue Mar 6 12:31:39 CET 2012

Hi!

Instead of hosting my contacts at Google, I would like to manage them on an own server. Since Outlook Exchange is too expensive, I tried Kolab.

Am I able to realize the following requirements with Kolab:

- Synchronize contacts (with photo!) between server and mobile phone
- Synchronize contacts (with photo!) via USB between PC and mobile phone
- Synchronize contacts (with photo!) between locally installed client SW and server
- Manage contacts online via web browser

If these four requirements could be fulfilled, I would be very happy about further instructions.

Best,

Keim

Experienced problems:
* kolab-outlook connector synchronizes contacts by imap folders, horde webmailer does not display contacts folder as contacts
* Thunderbird connector creates different format than outlook connector