Migration from 2.3.4 to 3

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Dec 21 11:51:34 CET 2012

On 2012-12-20 22:20, Jochen May wrote:
> 4. Point 11 from [2]: Here i get some problem with. If i try to run
> the
> provided script i get this error [3]

Is the invocation of kolab -c conf/kolab-kolab.kolabsys.com.conf
adjusted to point to your own configuration file?

Please note that this configuration file needs to be of a Kolab v3
format (i.e. the same format as /etc/kolab/kolab.conf), but needs to
point to the Kolab v2 server.

I read from the error that it cannot find the uri setting in the
[cyrus-imap] section.

> Things that i noticed:
> - error messages in maillog, that user_deny.db are missing. After
> touch
> user_deny.db this messages disappear. But now i get a lot of this:
> kolabv3 imap[3527]: fetching user_deny.db entry for 'user at example.org'

The error messages about a missing user_deny.db are quite misleading,
because they are both not errors as well as they are actually logged on
the debug level.

If user_deny.db does not exist, you will only get one such IOERROR
message about it for each imapd/popd process that starts up.

If user_deny.db does exist, however, you will get many more messages
"fetching user_deny.db entry for 'user at example.org'".

> - In /var/log/messages i get
> rsyslogd-2177: imuxsock lost 10 messages from pid 3624 due to
> rate-limiting

PID 3624 in this case is likely amavis? It logs a little too verbose to
your taste, perhaps you will want to reduce the verbosity in
/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf

> and
> imap[3624]: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or
> directory

This is a known Cyrus SASL dlopen() library issue, and should not
actually cause you any trouble.

> I try the workaround from [4] - but the messages are still poping up.

[4] is unrelated to either of the log messages.

> - how the ressource stuff works?

For some reading;

- Here's where we put our initial set of thoughts;

   http://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab_3.0_Resource_Management

- Using that, I go in to a little more detail about my work on it here;

http://www.kolab.org/blog/vanmeeuwen/2012/05/25/resource-management-kolab-3.0

> - is there still some shared folders?

Yes there still is some shared folders, but I haven't gotten around to
working it back in to our web administration panel yet:

   # kolab cm shared/test at example.org (replace example.org with your
domain obviously)

"kolab help" should give you a bunch more detail on setting the folder
type, so the shared folder can be a calendar, for example.

> Thanks a lot for the nice piece of work! Wish you all a nice holiday
> season.

Thank you for your praising words! Have a good season yourself as well!

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG