Can't upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.1

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Wed May 18 16:40:48 CEST 2011

I followed the instructions on updating from 2.4.1 to 2.3.0 from sources
(removing conflicting RPMS, removing openssl dependant RPMS).

When I tried to restore my LDAP database (after converting), slapadd
complained about missing kolab2.schema...  it's right, no kolab2.schema.
I got it from sources. Tried to restore again, still a problem: no
rootDSE.ldif file.

So, it looks that something went bad, but what?

At the end of my kolab-update.log, I'm seeing this:

error: Failed dependencies:
     apache-php::with_mhash = yes is needed by (installed)
kolab-z-push-0.6.2-1
/kolab/RPM/PKG now contains the installed packages.
Previous contents were moved to /kolab/RPM/PKG.23674.30350.32546.6327

And it seems that kolabd (which should install kolab2.schema) depends on
apache.php, so there must be something wrong....

How can I debug that? Is there an easy way to sort of backup configs and
data, do a clear install, then restore, instead of upgrading?

Thanks to my previous-install backup, everything's back to normal...
but I'm still at 2.2.4...

--
Christian