Can't upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.1

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Thu May 19 15:16:06 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 18 May 2011 16:40:48 Christian Tardif wrote:
> I followed the instructions on updating from 2.4.1 to 2.3.0 from sources
> (removing conflicting RPMS, removing openssl dependant RPMS).
>
> When I tried to restore my LDAP database (after converting), slapadd
> complained about missing kolab2.schema...  it's right, no kolab2.schema.
> I got it from sources. Tried to restore again, still a problem: no
> rootDSE.ldif file.
>
> So, it looks that something went bad, but what?

At this point it would have been interesting to know what

  $ /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -V openldap kolabd

returns.

> At the end of my kolab-update.log, I'm seeing this:
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>      apache-php::with_mhash = yes is needed by (installed)
> kolab-z-push-0.6.2-1
> /kolab/RPM/PKG now contains the installed packages.
> Previous contents were moved to /kolab/RPM/PKG.23674.30350.32546.6327
>
> And it seems that kolabd (which should install kolab2.schema) depends on
> apache.php, so there must be something wrong....

This means that the update did not complete but stopped because of a missing
dependency of the kolab-z-package. This is not covered by 1st.README because
the package you have installed was never part of the official Kolab server
release.

Please remove kolab-z-push and run the update again.

Regards.
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert