[Kolab-devel] Kontact E5 questions

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Jun 24 14:14:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Freitag, 24. Juni 2011 13:12:25 schrieb Heiner Markert:
> Hi,
>
> I also installed Kontact E5, however the 32 Bit version on Windows XP. I
> noticed some additional issues:
> - shutting down the client (full shutdown in the file menu) does not work.
Full shutdown is extremly new functionality i've only added it for the last
package and it only makes really sense on windows to provide the users with a
shutdown possibility that kills all kde processes.
I've only tested it on Win7 but since what it does is pretty brutal (looks for
all processes that were lauched from your kontact installation directory and
kills them) it should work.
Which pasdrocesses were still running?
> - closing and reopening the client usually does not work, the windows
> session has to be closed in order to allow for a restart of the
> application.
Mmh, i had that behavior some times during testing when some component was
broken and the kontact process did not terminate. But that was during
development it should not happen with this package. Was there anything else
crashing before? some error messages perhaps?
> - Notes are now handled by the "kjots" part. However, notes
> taken with that component can not be seen on Linux/KDE clients that use the
> old knotes components. Notes taken in Linux/KDE with knotes do appear as
> raw rich text in windows, all tags are displayed and no formatting is done.
> Very annoying, as all lists get completely unreadable.
The Notes issues is new to me. Do you know if syncing them basically works
e.g. from one linux installation to another?

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/