how does Bynari contribute to the Kolab community?

Joel Ammor jammor at bynari.net
Wed Jul 13 15:26:00 CEST 2011

Hi Gavin,

Bynari gives back to the community in more ways than you think. Our programmers are involved in resolving many of the issues that arise, especially in areas where we have unmatched expertise, such as groupware. We work directly with Kolabsys to share some of this expertise in establishing and enhancing standards, etc.
We are working on enhancements to plug ins that will be released as freeware. But to directly answer your question:
Bynari is a for profit company that has to pay programmers (and they're not cheap in the US as you can imagine). We've never tried to "hide" who we are. Yes we make products for sale, and those ironically may be our biggest contribution to Kolab. As good a server as Kolab is, it'd never be taken as a serious Exchange replacement if it didn't offer Exchange functionality. Our connector, the best in industry and used by OEMs around the world is the best known component in the quest to match Exchange. We've added, a Web2.0 Ajax webclient that adds tons of features as well as incredible speed. We've also added IntelliPanel, an Admin GUI that makes managing the Kolab server a breeze and adds a wealth of features to it. I can go on but you get the idea. These products were designed for and to ONLY work with Kolab. This shows that, in addition to giving to Kolab without fanfare, we build stuff to ensure Kolab is relevant in the business world and becomes a global brand. It also show
 s that Bynari is more committed to Kolab than many others who think commitment ends with using the free Kolab server.

Thanks,
Joel Ammor