kontact enterprise35 on debian squeeze

Mark Berndt marko at mechtron.com.au
Wed Sep 15 02:36:10 CEST 2010

Hi all,

just as background, I have used the kubuntu karmic packages of enterprise35
and they work really well.  The kontact supplied with kubuntu lucid and debian
squeeze partially work, but not well enough for day to day use, particularly
the calendar and contact manager.   So I want to install enterprise35 on
debian squeeze.

Is anyone working on deb packages for squeeze?

When I try to compile enterprise35 from svn repository on debian squeeze, I
get an error with the make file on the first step:

root at albarino:/home/marko/local/kontactsrc/enterprise/kdepim# make -f
Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** YOU'RE USING automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1.
*** KDE requires automake 1.6.1 or newer
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

The same thing happens if I run the Makefile.common from the admin directory
(which is called from Makefile.cvs)

Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks

Marko