kontact enterprise35 on debian squeeze

Allen Winter allen.winter at kdab.com
Tue Sep 21 22:12:42 CEST 2010

On Tuesday, September 14, 2010 08:36:10 pm Mark Berndt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just as background, I have used the kubuntu karmic packages of enterprise35
> and they work really well.  The kontact supplied with kubuntu lucid and
> debian squeeze partially work, but not well enough for day to day use,
> particularly the calendar and contact manager.   So I want to install
> enterprise35 on debian squeeze.
>
> Is anyone working on deb packages for squeeze?
>
> When I try to compile enterprise35 from svn repository on debian squeeze, I
> get an error with the make file on the first step:
>
> root at albarino:/home/marko/local/kontactsrc/enterprise/kdepim# make -f
> Makefile.cvs
> This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
> This will be deleted before making the distribution
>
> *** YOU'RE USING automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1.
> *** KDE requires automake 1.6.1 or newer
> make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> The same thing happens if I run the Makefile.common from the admin
> directory (which is called from Makefile.cvs)

Here are my build instructions.  YMMV.

Build Requirements:

    * Qt v3.3.8b
    * automake v1.9
    * autoconf v2.59
    * Should build and work now with a modern gcc (at least it works ok with gcc 4.4.4)

Note: Most distros no longer provide automake v1.9 nor autoconf v2.59 so you will need to build them from source,
which can be found at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu

Note: Make sure to configure autoconf with the --program-suffix=2.59 option.  When installed, you should see
autoconf2.59, autoheader2.59, autom4te2.59, ...

The source:
[replace $SVNBASE with the path to the top of your KDE checkout]

The source is located in $SVNBASE/branches/kdepim/enterprise.You need to checkout the following subdirs:
kdelibs, kdepim

Building:

First, make sure the build uses automake1.9 and autoconf2.59

export AUTOMAKE=automake-1.9
export AUTOCONF=autoconf2.59

Decide where you want to install, for example /data/kde/e35, and set the KDEDIR environment variable accordingly:

% export KDEDIR=/data/kde/e35

Now, you should be ready to start building.

First, kdelibs

% cd $SVNBASE/branches/kdepim/enterprise/kdelibs
% make -f Makefile.cvs
% mkdir build-gcc
% cd build-gcc
% ../configure --prefix=$KDEDIR --enable-debug=full --without-arts --without-cups
% make && make install

Next, kdepim

% cd $SVNBASE/branches/kdepim/enterprise/kdepim% make -f Makefile.cvs
% mkdir build-gcc
% cd build-gcc
% ../configure --prefix=$KDEDIR --enable-debug=full --without-arts --with-sasl
% make && make install