what are the correct magic_quotes settings in Kolab

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Fri Sep 3 10:35:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 03 Sep 2010, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

> > seems to sort this out.  For some reason this isn't in the php.ini.template
> > config that came with 2.2.4.
>
> I just looked at a fresh 2.2.4 server and verified that
> /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/php.ini.template contains
>
> magic_quotes_gpc   = 0
>
> This seems to be something that only happened on your side. Was this a
> server you upgraded? Did it contain prior modifications to the
> php.ini.template?

I originally installed v2.2.3 from source (to get 64-bit).  I upgraded to
v2.2.4.  I did a restore from backups from before the upgrade and I didn't
have the magic_quotes_* settings before either.  I'm certain I wouldn't
have deliberately removed it.  Did v2.2.4 introduce this fix?  I presume
there's no chance a source compile results in a different version of the
config?

I did have a previous install of v2.2.3 moved aside.  I'm not certain if
that was from source or binaries to be honest, but I do see:

magic_quotes_gpc   = 0      ; Automatically quote posted variables.  Required to be "0" for the
                            ; webadmin to work. Horde does not care and removes them anyway if
                            ; the setting is "1". The setting will be removed in PHP 6 and "0"
                            ; will be the default then.

so I'm a little puzzled.  Perhaps there was an accident at our end.

I'm happy that it's debugged and fixed for us now.

Thanks,
Gavin