what are the correct magic_quotes settings in Kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Fri Sep 3 10:48:09 CEST 2010

Zitat von Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie>:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>
>> > seems to sort this out.  For some reason this isn't in the
>> php.ini.template
>> > config that came with 2.2.4.
>>
>> I just looked at a fresh 2.2.4 server and verified that
>> /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/php.ini.template contains
>>
>> magic_quotes_gpc   = 0
>>
>> This seems to be something that only happened on your side. Was this a
>> server you upgraded? Did it contain prior modifications to the
>> php.ini.template?
>
> I originally installed v2.2.3 from source (to get 64-bit).  I upgraded to
> v2.2.4.  I did a restore from backups from before the upgrade and I didn't
> have the magic_quotes_* settings before either.  I'm certain I wouldn't
> have deliberately removed it.  Did v2.2.4 introduce this fix?

I admit I thought that the fixes in the kolab-webadmin and the
associated php.ini setting went into 2.2.4 but CVS tells me that this
already happened for 2.2.3.

>  I presume
> there's no chance a source compile results in a different version of the
> config?

No.

> I did have a previous install of v2.2.3 moved aside.  I'm not certain if
> that was from source or binaries to be honest, but I do see:
>
> magic_quotes_gpc   = 0      ; Automatically quote posted variables.
> Required to be "0" for the
>                             ; webadmin to work. Horde does not care
> and removes them anyway if
>                             ; the setting is "1". The setting will
> be removed in PHP 6 and "0"
>                             ; will be the default then.
>
> so I'm a little puzzled.  Perhaps there was an accident at our end.
>
> I'm happy that it's debugged and fixed for us now.

Indeed strange. I'm not certain we should already let it rest. You
might be interested in verifying that you do not have any other
differences to the current 2.2.4 setup.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Thanks,