Fwd: Free/Busy URL for Outlook

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Sun Oct 17 16:07:59 CEST 2010

> I am trying to view users free/busy information in Outlook while
> creating a meeting request.
>
> The URL provided in the Kolab Wiki ( https://<server>/freebusy
> /%USER%@%SERVER%.ifb <https://%3cserver%3e/freebusy
> /%25USER%25@%25SERVER%25.ifb>  ) to be entered in the Search
> location does not work and displays a ?General Failure? pop-up error
> message in the taskbar.
>
> It also states to leave the Publish URL blank or enter the same URL
> to keep Outlook happy.
> Can anyone that has successfully configured the free/busy URL and
> using the free/busy information displayed while creating meetings
> inform me of the accurate steps and URL to do so?
>
> I have tried several variations of the above mentioned URL to get
> free/busy information to be displayed.

I'm not an Outlook user so somebody else might have more chances with
helping you there. I nevertheless have a few suggestions.

You should check the free/busy troubleshooting section of the wiki:

  http://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_Free/Busy

If you enter the free/busy URL manually in your browser, do you see
the expected output? Is your Outlook happy with the SSL certificate it
gets from the server? Is your Outlook able to authenticate in order to
get access to the free/busy data? Do you see the Outlook requests in
the logs on the server side? What does the free/busy logging on the
server report? Does everything look okay?

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--