SPAM Filter question

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed May 12 08:38:20 CEST 2010

Quoting Christian Tardif <christian.tardif at servinfo.ca>:

> Hi,
>  Can the default horde spam filter be modified in any way?  I mean,
> filtering by Spam Level is not precise enough for most
> installations. Because there could be a great difference between
> Level 4 and Level 5. What I would prefer is filtering based on
> X-Spam-Flag. On the SpamAssassin, you get a great level of control
> (you're not choosing between 4 and 5...  you could have 4.3) and
> then set the X-Spam-Flag according to the target set in
amavisd.conf
> ($sa_tag2_level_deflt). Everyone already knows that. So, on the
user
> side, he choose to activate spam filtering or not. If more fine
> control is absolutely necessary, why not set the default spam
filter
> to check against the X-Spam-Score instead of the X-Spam-Level?
>  I know I can set all this with a custom rule...  but that would be
> really cool if the default Spam rule in the web interface would be
> really useable...

I think so far this just has not been discussed since nobody
complained before :)

Of course you can set the default level to the same level set for
amavis in the prefs within

/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/ingo/config/prefs.php

(section $_prefs['spam']).

But if I understand you correctly than your are rather aiming at

$conf['spam']['header'] = 'X-SpamLevel';
$conf['spam']['char'] = '*';
$conf['spam']['compare'] = 'string';

within /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/ingo/config/conf.php

Can you determine a setting that works with the spam flag on the Kolab
server and add this to an issue in our tracker? I would change the
default setting then and you would get it shipped with Kolab Server
2.3 :)

Cheers,

Gunnar

> --
>  Christian Tardif

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg