2.2.3 openpkg maintenance HOWOT?

Alex Potter alex at ap-consulting.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 12:39:49 CEST 2010

Hi Gunnar,

On Tuesday 30 Mar 2010 11:12:19 you wrote:
> I added Thomas on cc as I think he knows more about the roadmap in
> that area than I do at the moment.
>
> I know we will ditch OpenPKG at some point but I have no clear idea on
> how the intermediate steps will be covered and what that means for
> security releases. It is however clear that security is a very
> important issue for us and if there are any specific problems you know
> about then don't hesitate to ping us about them. This might speed up
> the process on our side.

Just off the top of my head, for instance, 2.2.3 uses openssl-0.9g.

The current version, containing important fixes, is 0.9m. So far, I've no idea
how to update it.

The old commands to update the installation no longer work, since the Open
Package folk seem to have removed the repository, so that updates, apart from
the kolab security fixes, are not possible.

Seems we're in a bit of a limbo at the moment, with kolab installed natively
from several distributions' repositories failing to work correctly.

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards

Alex