2.2.3 openpkg maintenance HOWOT?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Mar 30 12:12:19 CEST 2010

Quoting Alex Potter <alex at ap-consulting.co.uk>:

> On Monday 29 Mar 2010 16:11:00 Johannes Graumann wrote:
>> Hmmm - was the question that dumb?
>>
>> Joh
>>
>> Johannes Graumann wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I was just wondering how one keeps the openpkg installation for kolab
>> > 2.2.3 up to date. I see suspiciously few security advisories here and was
>> > wonderng whether everybody but me just regularly runs and "aptitude
>> > update/upgrade" equivalent in their openpkg environment.

I added Thomas on cc as I think he knows more about the roadmap in
that area than I do at the moment.

I know we will ditch OpenPKG at some point but I have no clear idea on
how the intermediate steps will be covered and what that means for
security releases. It is however clear that security is a very
important issue for us and if there are any specific problems you know
about then don't hesitate to ping us about them. This might speed up
the process on our side.

Cheers,

Gunnar