Experimental kolab-z-push packages available

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Jul 5 22:40:49 CEST 2010

On Monday 05 July 2010 22:11:03 Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Am Montag 05 Juli 2010, 20:00:15 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> > [snipped]
>
> Count the zeros - there is one too much ;-)

Oops, I'm *way* ahead of time. ;) Thanks, fixed.

> Do you have some changelog infos for kolab-backend-0.4 vs
> kolab-backend-0.5? Does kolab-backend now support more contact fields when
> syncing?

I'm sorry, I don't have a changelog, Alain is the one to have the overview
about the changes and he will update the wiki soon (I just mailed him about
this).

The most progress is in 0.6. It supports all fields of the contacts, adds
supports for photos in contacts and for tasks. Notes however are not
supported, this is a limitation of Z-Push.

I will package 0.6 too, but so far the combination of 1.5 with z-Push 1.3 has
been the most stable one.

> As a tester its
> far easier to handle with separate source tar-balls than using
> apt-openpkg-rpm stuff. By now I use three z-push installations and also
> three patched kolab-backends, and I can simply test everything by
> sym-linking.

Indeed, for your setup tarballs are easier to handle. The purpose of the Open-
PKG packages was to get a wider audience by making the installation easier.
Not everybody is a hardcore tester like you. ;)

> Bye
>
>   the pedant ;-)

I know who hard it sometimes is to be pedantic, but for testing software this
is actually a pretty good thing.

Thanks a lot for testing,
Christoph

--