kontact for lenny

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 25 14:49:47 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010 15:11:00 schrieb John McMonagle:
> Just curious what are the  main changes in kolab's version of kontact?

In general the enterprise flavor of KDE Kontact, aka the KDE Kolab Client,
is maintained more conservatively on one hand, on the other hand it usually is
a bit ahead in functionality.

We drive it more conservatively because we really need this stuff to run at
customers of ours and they do not like surprises. This sometimes means less
features.

On the other hand, sometimes a fix or an enhancement is quite important
for production usage, so we put it in. Of course we do some testing. It
happens that upstream KDE is not yet ready to take this enhancement, e.g.
because of a freeze. We do merge everything as fast as we can.

Overall Kontact enterprise is better for Kolab usage for the two reasons.