Q: triggering freebusy updates

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Tue Jan 19 17:12:20 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm running Kolab 2.2.3, self-compiled on an Ubuntu 64 bit box, and have a question about triggering freebusy cache updates.

I noticed that the cache file /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/cache/my-domain^com/some^user.vc got updated, but contained ancient information.  Looking deeper, the file /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/cache/my-domain^com/some^user/Kalender.pvc was also very old (actually, all Kalender.* files in this folder).  This apparently happens to all users.

I could call https://kolab.my-server.de/freebusy/trigger/some.user@my-domain.com/Kalender.pfb, which returned the correct data, and afterwards both the .vc file and the Kalender.* files were up-to-date.  But shouldn't the update of the Kalender.* be performed automatically, e.g. each time the user inserts a new appointment into the calendar?

I noticed that for launching the manual trigger above I had to log in as "calendar at my-domain.com", logging in as "calendar" always failed.  But in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf there is only "calendar_id : calendar" (also in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolabfilter.conf).  Might this cause the problem?

Thanks, Albrecht.