[Solved? / new question] Q: triggering freebusy updates

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Wed Jan 20 21:11:47 CET 2010

Am 19.01.10 17:12 schrieb(en) Albrecht Dreß:
> I noticed that the cache file /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/cache/my-domain^com/some^user.vc got updated, but contained ancient information.  Looking deeper, the file /kolab/var/kolab-freebusy/cache/my-domain^com/some^user/Kalender.pvc was also very old
> (actually, all Kalender.* files in this folder).  This apparently happens to all users.
>
> I could call https://kolab.my-server.de/freebusy/trigger/some.user@my-domain.com/Kalender.pfb, which returned the correct data, and afterwards both the .vc file and the Kalender.* files were up-to-date.  But shouldn't the update of the Kalender.* be
> performed automatically, e.g. each time the user inserts a new appointment into the calendar?

Apparently, the problem were wrong permissions of /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf, which was read-only for root.  Making the file world-readable, adding a new appointment does update the Kalender.* files again, and also the 'do_search: invalid dn (k=kolab,)'
warnings in the OpenLDAP log disappeared (caused by kolabquotawarn).

I guess it's not a clever idea to make kolab.conf world-readable.  What are the right permissions for this file?  Unfortunately, the template (unlike other files) does not contain a KOLAB_META_* header indicating the proper ownership and mode.

Thanks, Albrecht.