Kolab and fetchmail - openPKG ftp down?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Thu Aug 19 21:25:38 CEST 2010

Zitat von Christian Rößler <Roessler at FuH-E.de>:

> Hallo,
>
> just a quick question: While trying to fetch fetchmail for Kolab (hehe)
> I am unable to download it from openPKG.
>
>  I am of course registered, but I cannot download either directly (like
> ftp://YOUR@OPENPKG.LOGIN@ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/BASE/fetchmail-6.3.10-20090703.src.rpm
> ftp://YOUREMAIL%40MYISP.COM@ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/BASE/fetchmail-6.3.10-20090703.src.rpm,
> login or email inserted, of course), following links from the openPKG
> homepage I also end in nirvana with connection refused. Even
> ftp://ftp.openpkg.org yields that.

Maybe somebody in the community also has the package still available?
We could mirror it on files.kolab.org. I'm not certain what the status
of OpenPKG is at the moment. Havn't been there in a long time but I
could also imagine that they drop older packages at some point. But
since the newer ones cannot be used with the Kolab Server anymore (and
are not free anymore) we might consider some of the more interesting
older packages on our servers.
Cheers,

Gunnar

> Does anyone experience the same problems?
>
> Best regards,
> Christian

Gunnar Wrobel
Developer, Kolab Systems AG