Kolab and fetchmail - openPKG ftp down?

Alexander Schröter webmaster at computational-chemistry.org
Wed Aug 18 10:09:31 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 18. August 2010, um 09:55:59 schrieb Christian Rößler:
> Hallo,
>
> just a quick question: While trying to fetch fetchmail for Kolab (hehe)
> I am unable to download it from openPKG.
>
>  I am of course registered, but I cannot download either directly (like
> ftp://YOUR@OPENPKG.LOGIN@ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/BASE/fetchmail-6.3.10-
> 20090703.src.rpm
> ftp://YOUREMAIL%40MYISP.COM@ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/BASE/fetchmail-6.3
> .10-20090703.src.rpm, login or email inserted, of course), following links
> from the openPKG homepage I also end in nirvana with connection refused.
> Even
> ftp://ftp.openpkg.org yields that.
>
> Does anyone experience the same problems?

I have had the same problem ... it took me a couple of weeks, many different
clients and all sorts of user password combinations to finally get it. but I am
sorry to tell you I don't remember how, i did it :( All I can tell you is ...
it does work ... please read the download instructions very carefully and keep
trying.

Alexander