Partial Upgrade to 2.2.4

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Mon Aug 16 09:09:54 CEST 2010

Zitat von Carsten Burghardt <carsten at cburghardt.com>:

> Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at kolabsys.com>:
>
>> Hi Carsten,
>>
>> Zitat von Carsten Burghardt <carsten at cburghardt.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to upgrade my Kolab 2.2.2 to 2.2.4 but as I used SuSE
>>> packages (11.2) so far I would prefer not to reinstall everything from
>>> scratch as that duplicates a lot of packages. Is there any chance to
>>> keep my existing installation and only compile kolab specific
>>> packages? SuSE is on OpenSSL 0.9.8 so that is a difference of course.
>>
>> is this question only referring to an upgrade of an OpenSuSE native
>> port of the Kolab server? Or do you want to switch from OpenSuSE
>> native to OpenPKG?
>
> I would prefer to upgrade my native packages to 2.2.4 but if the
> OpenPKG way is also possible...I simply don't want to reinstall all
> the packages I already have from SuSE (Apache, Cyrus, etc) just to
> achive a minor update for my Kolab installation. The server is in
> production and actively used so I can not afford to restructure my
> whole system.

Hm, I would nevertheless suggest to switch to OpenPKG. This is still
the only Kolab Server system "certified to work" ;)

Start by setting up a second test server with OpenPKG and test migrate
your data from the OpenSUSE version. That should not be too hard. Once
you are certain this works fine you simply switch the servers and
continue with OpenPKG. This is really recommended especially if you
run the server in production.

Cheers,

Gunnar