One big Idea

Sascha Schneider schneider at zawm.be
Thu Sep 24 19:58:34 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I know this should be on the dev-list, but
"I have a dream.. that all mankind can use one mailclient with kolab...."
and found columba on SF.net wich seems  not to be developed anymore but  did
support IMAP4 connection to cyrus.
It is written in Java and installable on Win, Mac and Linux.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/columba/
Wouldn't it be an idea, beside developing all the connectors or porting
Kontact to win and mac,
to fork this mailclient to connect to kolab natively??
The Idea is to have something like a Kolab-Desktop like Zimbra does, that
fits ontop of kolab and supports all the features users need.

Porting Kontact as THE client to kolab is a nice Idea, but from a
programmers view, most ports stay buggy.

Maybe someone knows another project that could fit out needs.

Greetings from belgium, Sascha